A Blog by the Editor of The Middle East Journal

Putting Middle Eastern Events in Cultural and Historical Context

Friday, April 17, 2009

Some Recent In-House Events

A couple of interesting events I've attended recently are now on podcasts at the MEI website, so I thought I'd draw your attention to them:
  1. Taking Action Against Piracy on the Somali Coast. Vice Admiral Kevin J. Cosgriff, until recently the commander of NAVCENT, addressed the piracy question yesterday.
  2. David Kilcullen, author of The Accidental Guerrilla: Fighting Small Wars in the Midst of a Big One, and a counterinsurgency expert for General Petraeus, spoke last week. Both are worth attention, I think.
Since hits on our MEI website vastly outnumber hits on this blog, I haven't been repeating stuff from the website, but as the blog readership grows, perhaps there will be few readers following links here who don't know our website, so let me plug some of our in-house stuff a bit more often. Especially after the fact, like these podcasts, for those readers who aren't in the DC area.

No comments: